The past two school years have seen “a mounting crisis of book bans,” according to a report released Dec. 14 from PEN America, the 100-year-old organization dedicated to freedom of expression and the freedom to write. While the record number of bans is worrying in itself, just as concerning are the trends in how the bans are spreading.
It’s much more fun to talk with older friends about an experience of flirtation than it is about one’s flatulence. Older people compare lists of meds, and tell what joints have been replaced, but we often keep to ourselves other experiences of aging, such as erectile dysfunction and diapers.
More Articles …
- Not Just the Facts | Opinion
- Cultivating Trust Through Honesty, Sharing Your HIV Journey with a Partner | Advice
- The Cost of Right-wing Media Propaganda | Opinion
- Sappy Christmas Movies | Opinion
- I Struggle with Maintaining my Sexual Desire for Guys I Date. Help! | Advice
- Trump's Ploy for Criminal Immunity is Un-American | Opinion
- Wilton Drive: The Heart and Soul of Wilton Manors | Opinion
- Making Love vs. Having Sex | Opinion
- New Year, New Satire | Opinion
- Navigating Personal Growth and Identity in a Committed Relationship | Advice
Page 3 of 23